Sunday 29 May 2016

Ogrebanes Omnium Gatherum: Part 17 The Great Gaggle of Goblins

Around 10 years ago when GW released Skull pass I bought 3 box sets of it and then promptly put them away to collect dust. I think most of the dwarf bits went to a friend also never to see the light of day. It was about 3 months ago when I got them all out and bagged them up ready to sell at the next gaming convention. And then I played a game of KOW. I had an ogre army that I really loved and I have pretty much finished it now so as I was looking for a new project (Not like I don't have 4 other armies I could rebase) I decided to look at Goblins. I have a few units painted up for my orc army but when I pulled out all the Skull pass minis I had more than enough to start a complete new army. I may use the odd older model but I will mostly use the new ones I think.

I've had 3 games with the Gobbo's and they are rock hard. Legions are the key to the army IMO and I have tables two armies to date. (Got tabled once by efreets but we all know what I think of them)

Anyway I wanted a new theme and I want to show of the display base aspect of the game so I've come up with a dungeon theme for the Goblins.

Here is a pic of the first base which will be a regiment of Fleabag sniffs. I have about 30 spiders (A heap got used in a deamon army but 30 is a good start) and Im going to use them as mounts but I didn't like the forest goblins on them so I will use night goblin archers as the riders.

Anyway here is the first concept unit


There will eventually be 6 spiders in the unit.


There will be a torch on the wall. I tried to paint the base so it looks 
like the torch is lighting the room up.


Anyway let me know what you think. There will be a lot more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment